Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Why Do Birds Suddenly Appear?

We got up this morning and Aunt Hiroko asked me if I was having any nightmares about the ghosts of cute little birds haunting me.

Har har har. So I ate sparrow last night. What's the big deal? I was just partaking of her culture's foodways.

So we go downstairs to the gorgeous restaurant at the Hotel Saihokukan for our included breakfast. Not a meager affair, the choices of Japanese or Western style presented a full tray of goodies. I opted for western so I could have an omelet, bacon, yogurt, toast - all that good stuff.

To add to the outdoorsy feel of the restaurant, they've got a soundtrack of birds chirping - sparrows, it seems like - throughout the place. My mom pointed it out and said, "See? They're coming for you."

Har har.

And then an acoustic guitar version of the Carpenters' "Close to You" came on...

Why do birds suddenly appear? Every time... you are near...?
Just like me, they want to be... close enough to peck your damn eyes out for eating them!


I swear, they are haunting me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment